Monday, February 7, 2011

02.07.11 Today's morsel

Welcome to Morsels by Debbie!

Each day I want to leave you with a "morsel" of goodness.  Either a great recipe, cooking tip or a little story.  

As most of you know, I love to COOK and entertainment family and friends.  I love to watch their faces as they begin to eat something I have made.  It brings me pure joy!  One of my desires is to start researching and finding old recipes and bring them back to life.  My other desire is to create recipes

Today's morsel . . . did you know that when you add sour cream to Banana Nut muffins they are moister?  Next time you have 3 or 4 ripe bananas try this recipe.  You will be pleasantly surprised.


Banana Sour Cream Muffins
1 c. sugar
1 stick butter
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
4 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Beat sugar and butter until light and beat in egg until smooth. Add flour and baking soda alternately with sour cream. Add vanilla, bananas and nuts. Divide batter among 24 paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

 

1 comment:

  1. I was directed here by MP. I'm liking the blog so far. Love to talk about food and recipes and cooking, etc. You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete